Presonus Studio 6|8 USB Audio interface - 6 inputs/6 outputs (4x4 at 192 kHz)
An excellent choice for producers and musicians working in small studios, the Studio 6|8 provides the right I/O and features for recording and performing. Equipped with four of our famous XMAX Class A preamps, high-end converters, and cue mix monitoring with an ear-bleedingly loud headphone amp, it delivers professional quality audio and the connections you need to create your next hit and play it at your next gig with 24-bit, 192 kHz resolution. A complete, all-in-one recording solution, the Studio 68 comes with PreSonus’ award-winning Studio One® Artist DAW software for Mac® and Windows®.
- Simultaneous I/O up to 6 inputs/6 outputs (4x4 at 192 kHz)
- 2 mic/instrument/line inputs with XMAX Class A mic preamps
- 2 mic/line inputs with XMAX Class A mic preamps
- A Cue Mix A/B function lets you toggle between two mixes while monitoring through headphones
- PreSonus Studio One® Artist DAW, the Studio 68 interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software
- The Studio 68 features two front-panel combo mic and switchable line/instrument inputs and two mic/line inputs with +48V phantom power for condenser mics
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- USB 2.0
- Direct monitoring
Four Class A XMAX Pres in One Portable Interface
With four award-winning XMAX Class A preamps and enough outputs for multiple monitor mixes, outboard gear, and more, the PreSonus Studio 6|8 USB is an ideal hub for your personal studio. In addition to audio quality that far outstrips its price tag, Sweetwater engineers are impressed by the Studio 6|8 USB's onboard converters, which make the most of its USB 2.0 bandwidth to support up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution. Other great bonuses include low-latency monitoring, ladder-style LED metering, and Cue Mix A/B headphone monitoring. And to make sure you're ready to record from day one, PreSonus also includes a license for their Studio One Artist DAW software and their entire Studio Magic Plug-in Suite for free!
Award-winning Class A XMAX preamps
Seasoned recording engineers here at Sweetwater have touted PreSonus's award-winning XMAX preamps since day one, and for good reason. Built from discrete, high-voltage components, these Class A preamps easily rival many respectable studio staples. When you run them at about 2–3 o'clock, they provide you with tons of headroom and just a hint of warmth. As you turn them up from there, your lows get deeper, your highs get smoother, and they offer a beautiful sonic richness. You'll be surprised by the results you can get with a full set of these amazing pres.
Professional-level digital resolution available
Speaking of headroom, thanks to the Studio 6|8 USB's high-quality digital converters, you get an impressive 115dB of dynamic range that allows you to capture every nuance and sonic detail of your source. What's more, these converters are capable of operating at up to 192kHz resolution, allowing you to go well past the 96kHz of professional studio work and future-proof your recordings for the high-quality standards yet to come. In other words, whether you need ultra-high resolution audio for sound-design work or simply want to capture your recordings in the greatest possible sonic detail, your Studio 6|8 USB is ready for the job.
Equipped with convenient A/B monitoring
One thing that's absolutely critical when it comes to high-quality studio recording and DJ/electronic music performance is flexible monitoring, and the Studio 6|8 USB delivers. PreSonus outfitted the Studio 6|8 USB with their Cue Mix A/B headphone selection. This allows you to switch smoothly between two independent mixes, which is great when shifting between a recording mix and the main mix or cuing up tracks in a live DJ set.
Extended I/O covers MIDI and more
Need to hook up MIDI gear? Your Studio 6|8 USB has that covered too. It lets you connect everything from old-school controller keyboards to modern digitally controlled guitar amps, all via a set of 5-pin MIDI jacks supplied by the included serial breakout cable. This cable also includes S/PDIF digital connections, which allow you to expand your system with additional preamps or other digital audio sources.
Killer software package included
Packaged with Studio One Artist, the Studio 6|8 USB provides you with everything you need to start recording on you computer. And to take it to the next level, PreSonus includes the Studio Magic Plug-in Suite. This extensive collection of seven popular plug-ins covers models of top studio gear from manufacturers such as Maag Audio, Lexicon, and Arturia, adding up to hundreds of dollars of extra value. Punch up your mix bus with Brainworx's bx-opto, add ambience with Eventide's SP2016-inspired Stereo Room reverb, fire up transients with SPL's Attacker, and much more. And since these plug-ins are available in AAX, VST, and AU formats, they're compatible with any DAW you choose.
PreSonus Studio 6|8 USB Audio Interface Features:
- Compact and feature-rich 6-in/6-out USB 2.0 audio interface
- Loaded with 4 world-famous XMAX Class A microphone preamplifiers
- Enough built-in I/O for multiple monitor mixes and outboard gear
- Capable of up to 24-bit/192kHz studio-grade digital resolution (limited to 4 tracks)
- Stay on top of your mix with ladder-style LED meters and low-latency direct monitoring
- Cue Mix A/B headphone output control accommodates a number of advanced applications
- Onboard MIDI I/O provides a standard 5-pin DIN connection to keyboards and other MIDI gear
- Includes PreSonus Studio One Artist DAW software for Mac and Windows PCs
- Packaged with the PreSonus Studio Magic Plug-in Bundle, which includes 7 AAX/VST/AU plug-ins models of top studio gear