Elixir Strings - Optiweb Electric Guitar Strings 10-46
With their Optiweb technology, Elixir is offering their most natural-feeling and -sounding electric guitar strings yet. Aimed at players who want the same feel and sound as an uncoated string, the Optiweb electric guitar strings are specially engineered to allow the string to vibrate freely. They also offer a precise grip on the strings, which players appreciate for bending and wide vibrato techniques. If you want strings that last, while still enjoying the experience of untreated strings, check out the Elixir Optiwebs
This is arguably the most popular string gauge set for 6-string, electric guitar. The .010 gauge string is the smallest, referring to the first string and the .046 is the largest or sixth string. The other strings are gauged accordingly for the most even tension, feel, and sound. In standard tuning—E, B, G, D, A, E— on an electric guitar that has a normal scale length—24.5″–25.5". These gauges offer a balance between playability and tone.
- Offers the same crisp tone as an uncoated string
- OPTIWEB Coating provides a natural feel
- Electric guitar strings constructed with nickel-plated steel wrap wire
- Elixir's patented coating technology extends tone life
- Anti-Rust Plating on plain steel strings ensures longer tone life for the entire set
- Reduces hassle and expense of frequent string changes
String gauges below in inches:
- E. 1st - .010"
- B. 2nd - .013"
- G. 3rd - .017"
- D. 4th - .026"
- A. 5th - .036"
- E. 6th - .046"